Date:      05 Sep 2001 19:56:25 -0500
From:      Jeremy <thinker5555@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Needing help with installation...

I'm trying to install 4.3 on my computer, but soon after the initial kernel
configuration (right when the blue screen comes up and says that it's
detecting hardware) everything locks up.  Nothing will respond.  I can't even
switch out to any virtual terminals.  I thought at first it was just taking a
while to detect my hardware, so I let it sit for about an hour and a half the
first time, but nothing happened.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on?  Are there any known
problems of the install process locking up like this?  Any help on this would
be greatly appreciated, especially since I've heard such great things about
FreeBSD and I'd love to have a chance to test it out against the Debian Linux
I now use.

Thanks,
Jeremy