Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 21:54:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        davide@galactica.it
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Hackers' list)
Subject:   Re: 96 Mb Ram

It seems that davide@galactica.it said:
> I added the "MAXMEM=<n>" option in my kernel but after
> reload the system (FreeBSD) check only for 64Mb Ram.

What are the kernel's messages at boot time ?

> How can I know if my system see ram above 64Mb ?
> 1)Is there any application that says me the ammount
>   of memory of my machine ?

The kernel should tell you that :-)

> 2) The kernel recompiled has the same dimention of
>     the old one ... is it right ?

Yes. I don't think it should change the binary itself.

I put  a Cc: to the hackers'  list where it  belong.  I hope one of  the VM
gurus will be able to sort that out.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #6: Fri Feb  9 21:27:02 MET 1996