Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:58:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suggestion for /usr/src/UPDATING

>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 06:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Kenneth Stailey <kstailey@yahoo.com>
>To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: suggestion for /usr/src/UPDATING
>Sender: owner-freebsd-current@freebsd.org

>mergemasters is gross.  Have you ever tried to run it on an 80-column display?

Of course; I run in in an 80x24 xterm routinely, twice/day for each of 2
machines, for well over a year.  Within script(1), under screen(1).

I see mergemaster as a vast improvement over what came before it.

>I absolutely hate the "left" "right" stuff.  You push the "l" with your right
>hand and the "r" with your left for crying out loud.

If that offends you so much, use a different keyboard layout.  Or submit
patches, so you can enter a character of your choosing to mean "left"
(and (a different) one for "right").

Peace,
david
Evidence of curmudgeonliness:  becoming irritated with the usage of the
word "speed" in contexts referring to quantification of network
performance, as opposed to "bandwidth" or "latency."