Date:      Wed, 28 May 2003 09:36:27 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Andy Harrison <ah60@httpsite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: multihost master.passwd sync

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:35:17AM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:46:37PM -0400, Andy Harrison wrote:
> >=20
> > Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about syncing up master.pas=
swd
> > files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login
> > remotely?  The users need to be able to log in remotely and own files o=
n the
> > different machines.
>=20
> People have mentioned LDAP; I am truly surprised no one has mentioned
> Kerberos yet.

Oh wait, nevermind.  That's what I get for posting before coffee;
Kerberos still needs some way of telling the system that there is
such a user in the first place.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence contradicts itself - or rather - well, no, actually it doesn'=
t!

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr

--MW5yreqqjyrRcusr--