Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:03:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Bill <glacious@totaloverdose.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager on a Laptop, win98 boots, fbsd won't

Bill wrote:
> I've been trying to install freebsd on my Dell Inspiron 7500 notebook, and it all goes fine until I reboot to boot into the installed FreeBSD OS.
>
> F1:  Windows
> F2:  FreeBSD
>
> Default: F1

Make sure your BIOS is using a sane geomtery for the drive (i.e., it doesn't
think the drive is 528 MB or something stupid like that.)  Also, what
version of FreeBSD are you installing, and how big is your Windows partition,
your FreeBSD partition, and your hard drive?

> I press F1, I goto windows, no problem.  Press nothing, goes to default,
> F1, windows, no problem.  Press F2, it beeps.  I've reinstalled 3 times,
> no luck yet.  I fdisk /mbr  and reinstalled, and made the fbsd partition
> bootable during install, still no luck.  Any help or usefull resources
> would be very much appreciated.
>
>                                       -Bill  glacious@totaloverdose.net

Also, please wrap your lines. :)

--