Date:      Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:35:40 -0500
From:      "Dru" <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   buildworld failure

I'm trying to upgrade a minimal installation of 2.2.6 (bin only) to 2.2.8 on
a 486dx with 20 MB RAM.  Successfully installed the sources as per the
tutorial by Nik Clayton. The only change I made to /etc/make.conf was to
unremark NOPROFILE=true.

After 7 hours into make buildworld, it died; following is the last couple
lines:
---> libexec/ypxfr
rm -f yp.h
rpcgen -I -C -h -o yp.h /usr/src/libexec/pyxfr/../../include/rpcsvc/yp.x
rm -f ypxfr_clnt.c
rpcgen -I -C -DYPPUSH_ONLY -l -o ypxfr_clnt.c
/usr/src/libexec/ypxfr/../../include /rpcsvc/yp.x
rm -f yp_clnt.c
rpcgen -I -C -DYPSERV_ONLY -l -o yp_clnt.c
/usr/src/libexec/ypxfr/../../include/rpcsvc/yp.x
make: don't know how to make ypxfrd-getmap.c.
Stop
*** Error code 2
Stop.
*** Error code 1

ypxfr does exist in /usr/src/libexec/ypxfr which contains a makefile and 6
other files including ypxfrd-getmap.c.

What should I do from here?

I stayed in multi-user mode for the buildworld as I had some problems with
files at the very beginning and had to re-ftp some directories (libexec was
not one of them).  Should I re-ftp libexec and try again?  Will I be able to
start another buildworld?  Do I still have 2.2.6?

Please let me know if you need more info.