Date:      Sun, 05 Oct 1997 13:49:39 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, David Greenman <davidg@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New SCSI Framework Patches Available

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

my new disk layer stuff basically works in byte offsets.
it starts with b_blkno, but all comparisins etc. end up being
u_int64_t based..

(offset_t?)

I'd rather see byte offsets ASAP, so that it matches the resid and
other count values. of course it makes it easier to accidentally
try do non-alligned transfers, but if you are  making that big a,
then othingis likely to help you except having your code rejected
too much.

> I agree.
me too

though I'd like to leave the b_pblkno, or maybe make it a b_poffset.