Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:50:34 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, "'Andrew Gallatin'" <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, "'freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: booting a 2100 with EISA MyLex controller

> > It's not just a case of writing an EISA attachment, unfortunately.
> > The EISA firmware is, er, quirky, and making it work properly might
> > entail a fair amount of effort.  I could never justify the time
> > involved, sorry. 8(
>
> Kees-Jan, if you want a x86 EISA box to take a shot at this yourself
> I have one for grabs in Arnhem...

I also have documentation and sample code, both of which you will be utterly
screwed without, if you're mad enough to take this on.

While you're at it, you could fix the nagging problems with 2.x and
3.x controllers; I sent all of mine to Matt Dodd, who was going to
take over maintainership but never did. 8(