Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 13:41:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>
To:        riso@wgss.net (riso)
Cc:        jmz@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mtools-3.8

Hi !

> I was wondering if it is possible to mount fat 32 using
> the msdos tools ??

No, because the mtools are mounting the partitions with the standard
mount-syscall. As long as the mount_msdos-driver isn't able to do this
you can't mount them via mtools. I asked the people from the mtools-project
if they plan to get a real mount into their code (because the mount_msdos-
driver is a very buggy thing, it crashed my disks several times), but they
said no.

Bye,
	Udo

--