Date:      Sun, 07 Dec 1997 15:48:17 -0500
From:      John Robert LoVerso <john@loverso.southborough.ma.us>
To:        freebsd-afs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   new AFS list

I'm glad to see this list created, but I'm intersted in who is here and
who is doing the work.

About 18 months ago I was talking with Charles Henrich at MSU.  He
(and I, a little) was working on porting the John Kohl's NetBSD port
of AFS 3.3 to FreeBSD.  We have a working command set and a working
kernel loadable module for 2.1.7 and 2.2.0.  However, the cache manager
had a bug in that it would only correctly handle files < 20K in length.
That is, the 20480th byte of any file was random garbage.  This was
tracked to some VM problem before he ran out of steam.

John