Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 04:29:39 -0600
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Gary Crutcher <gcrutchr@nightflight.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD v2.1-STABLE

>Hi,
>
>Is there a gzip'd version of v2.1-STABLE, or do I have to download each dir?
>If I have to download each dir, what dirs should I download?  I need to make
>a new kernel for my Adaptec PCI SCSI card, which has a more stable aha-pci
>driver.

You might consider the CTM versions of 2.1 (aka -stable)
This is particularly true if you have the 2.1-RELEASE CD ROM since we can
start from the files on there and eliminate a 29Meg download.

The updates are generated daily and automatically distributed to those who
subscribe to the ctm-src-2_1 list.

The past files are also posted to
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/ctm/

although I have not gotten the site to be automatically updated yet

Look in /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/src-2* for additional files.

(Including, at this time, the necessary README that you should read first)

If you have additional problems, please contact me directly.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net