Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:03:59 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Unable to access document"

On 1998-02-23 21:32:31 +1100, Sue Blake wrote:
> I guess I report this to you... maybe it's a temporary condition or my own
> silliness, but the majordomo package seems to be unavailable through the
> ports web page link. I downloaded the port instead, and that was fine.
>
> After searching the ports at www.freebsd.org for "majordomo", "Package" is
> the fourth of six links below "Majordomo-1.94.4". (It's hard for me to quote
> the URL directly since your email address on the page didn't have a mailto:
> behind it, and I'm X-less so pasting is difficult.)

You are right, there is no package for Majordomo-1.94.4. Majordomo
is an "interactive" port without a package. For more information
please ask the maintainer of the majordomo
port jfitz@FreeBSD.ORG or the mailing list freebsd-ports@freebsd.org.

http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/mail/majordomo/Makefil
[...]
# Needs to create a user and group
IS_INTERACTIVE= yes
NO_PACKAGE=     "User and group need to be created"

--
Wolfram Schneider    <wosch@freebsd.org>    http://www.freebsd.org/~wosch/