Date:      13 Mar 2001 14:10:13 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing X from ports and RELENG in supfile

Hi all,

I have a Geforce 2mx card and from what I understand from reading the
archives, I need to install XFree86 4.x from ports for this to work.

I have no problems doing this, but what are the implications long
term? What will happen when I do a make world ? Should I set my
make.conf to not rebuild XFree86 ? What about when I upgrade from
4.2Stable to 4.3?

Also, the pertinent line from my source tree supfile currently looks
like this :

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4

What version of FreeBSD will I get if I do a cvsup right now? Will I
get 4.2 Stable or 4.3 beta / release ?

Thanks

--
- Wayne Pascoe