Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 13:25:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Anthony Hoelzle <pentium@cio.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: getting samba running correctly

On Wed, 5 May 1999, Anthony Hoelzle wrote:

> almost everything goes fine but when I try to connect to the samba
> server through network neighborhood, I type the password for the user
> I'm logged onto the win box with (which is identical to a username and
> password on the samba server) and it says the password is incorrect
> try again (yes I've checked the caps lock and spelling) thanks

Did you enable password encryption on yoour Samba server? Or did you
enable clear text password transmission on your Windows box? If you use
W98 or NT4SP3 or higher you have to do decide for one of these.

Both not necessary with W95 or WfW (3.11).

Regards

//
// Konrad Heuer                                  ____            ___  _____=
__=20
// Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche           / __/______ ___ / _ )/ __=
/ _ \
//    Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen          / _// __/ -_) -_) _  |\ \/=
 // /
// Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen              /_/ /_/  \__/\__/____/___=
/____/=20
// Deutschland (Germany)                      ----- The Power to Serve ----=