Date:      Wed, 06 Oct 1999 09:55:10 -0500
From:      Jenkins.Mike@epamail.epa.gov
To:        drew@j51.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslogd questions

>What can I do to get ipfw from logging to /var/log/messages?
>I have added
>!ipfw
>*.*                                             /var/log/ipfw
>
>but now it logs to both files.

ipfw uses the kern facility so you could change kern.debug to kern.none
on the /var/log/messages line (and maybe /dev/console line) in syslog.conf.
Of course, you probably do want to see the other kernel messages so
maybe a new line in syslog.conf that sends kern messages to a filter:

kern.debug          |exec /usr/local/sbin/filter-out-ipfw-messages

Mike