Date:      Wed, 3 Jun 2020 15:14:46 -0700
From:      Craig Leres <leres@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/devel/xtensa-esp32-elf version

On 2020-06-03 02:42, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> I notice that the Espressif ESP32 toolchain port is currently at version
> 1.22.0.g20171219 (which uses gcc 5.2.0), though the current stable version
> of esp-idf (v4.0.1) requires toolchain esp-2019r2 and gcc-8.2.0.  Do you
> have any plans to update the port?

I've been in contact with Gerald Pfeifer (the gcc ports maintainer)
about upgrading the port as it is the last consumer of gcc7.

I worked up a version of the port that uses the esp-2020r1 release of
https://github.com/espressif/crosstool-NG but I had not planned on
upgrading to this until the project I wrote the port for has upgraded to
esp-idf v4.X (this is in progress).

I will create a version for esp-2020r2 (which only came out about a week
ago) in the near future.

The two options I see are (a) I can provide you a copy of what I current
have working or (b) if there's enough interest I could create a new
devel/xtensa-esp32-elf-devel port using esp-2020r1 or esp-2020r2.

> [I tried sending this to your FreeBSD address but it bounced because of
> an SPF failure:  You forward your email but the FreeBSD mail servers
> aren't a valid source of rulingia.com mail]

(I received both copies, maybe the bounce was from the ports@freebsd
mailing list?)

		Craig