Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:19:35 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

--Boundary-02=_6kX9ApvxBeGzM/V

On Wednesday 2004-07-14 12:44 pm, Scot Hetzel wrote:

> make world DESTDIR=3D/foo will build and then install into ${DESTDIR}.
> But make buildworld DESTDIR=3D/foo will only build.  You need make
> installworld DESTDIR=3D/foo to install into ${DESTDIR}.

D'oh!  I misstated in my email (but not on the web page).  Is "make world=20
DESTDIR=3D/foo" better than "make buildworld; make installword DESTDIR=3D/f=
oo"?

Particularly in the case of multiple jail directories, it seems like doing=
=20
one buildworld followed by a series of installworlds would be a clear win. =
=20
Also, given that it seems as though you'll *always* want the jail=20
environments to be at the same version as the host environment, you'd=20
usually be doing installworld into the jails *after* doing an installworld=
=20
into the host system.  Does that sound right?
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser