Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 1997 19:08:13 +0800 (PHT)
From:      Arthur Alacar <art@pili.adn.edu.ph>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet restriction.

> So you want to keep people from telnetting to ports other than the
> standard telnet port, 23?
>
> You might be able to do it with tcp_wrappers, write a script that strips
> off the final argument, or modify the telnet source to hardware the
> destination port.

modify telnet source?.. well.. it could simply be done....as a matter of
fact.. i have changed the permission for this telnet command... but
unfortunately we have this some 'brilliant' users... who happened to get a
copy of this telnet file (saving it on his home dir) and used it..... so
this mechanism failed.

|art|