Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:33:50 -1001
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE (Stefan Esser), jacs@gnome.co.uk (Chris Stenton)
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ncro 810 oops error

} > I have recently upgraded to a Asus Pentium PRO Motherboard with their
} > NCR810 SCSI controller. While using the Amanda backup programme I am
} > getting a large number of errors from the controller.
} >
} > They are of the form.
} >
} > Nov  5 11:51:35 hawk /kernel: ncr?: scatter/gather failed (residue=493925376).
}
} A request to transfer some 500MB of data was issued to the driver.
} The scatter/gather table covers only 64KB, your memory perhaps 32MB
} or 64MB, so the call can't be satisfied :)

If the request is in error then the driver's scatter/gather mechanism
shouldn't be noted as the source of the problem.