Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:23:27 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>, questions@freebsd.org, b.k.jackson@verizon.net
Subject:   Re: 4.7 changes to /bin/sh?

> The line it bitched about was something like:
>
> [ -x ${PREFIX}/sbin/thttpd_wrapper ] && ${PREFIX}/sbin/thttpd_wrapper & &&
> echo -n ' thttpd'
>
> I presume it was complaining about running a command in the background and
> then trying to use the && operator to run the following command.

Your diagnosis is correct. This change is even mentioned in 4.7 release
notes (which I read *after* posting similar message to this list a
few weeks ago<g>).

I don't know about thttpd_wrapper, but with my scripts (mysql_server.sh
and pwcheck.sh) I could just remove the single & and the scripts
started to work OK.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.