Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 21:40:40 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The ball starts rolling

In message <19991126230713.C18496@november.jaded.net> Dan Moschuk writes:
: Absolutely nothing.  Last I checked, they used RC4, which is fairly fast and
: efficient for the kernel.  However, I'm still debating whether or not it's
: actually _needed_.  IMHO, OpenBSD takes somethings beyond the point of
: paranoid overkill, but in this secnario I don't think it would hurt either way.

The theory here is that you don't want someone to be able to predict
the pid, otherwise it is useless to try to do random pids because they
won't be random.  In this case I tend to agree...

Warner