Date:      	Thu, 9 Jan 1997 09:40:06 -0700
From:      Jean-Henri Duteau <jeand@Myrias.COM>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   DOS Emulation (*sigh*)

Well, I've fully converted over to the FreeBSD world and I've read the
archives of the mailing lists and it appears I'm going to have to get
my hands dirty.

I used to be a Linux user and DOSEMU worked wonders for me.  My DOS
emulation needs aren't very much.  I have one program -- a hockey
simulator from APBA -- that I need to run and don't like running over
to my wife's system or rebooting my own computer just to run one
program.

I knew that DOSEMU was mainly a Linux thing, but thought that someone
must have ported it to FreeBSD and I also knew about PCEMU for FreeBSD
so I wasn't too worried about DOS emulation being a factor in my
choice to go to FreeBSD.

But I have since found out otherwise. 8-(  PCEMU crashes when I try to
run the simulator and its utility programs and, unless someone knows
better than I, DOSEMU is really only a Linux thing.

But I've heard about this RUNDOS or DOSCMD or whatever and heard about
its progress on the emulation list archive.  I've read the BSDI man
page on it and it might do what I want (although it would be nice to
bring it up in an X window, but we can always add that).  So I'm
officially volunteering to help bring this to a usable state.

Whoever's in charge, please contact me.  I'm willing to do "stuff" for
you. (I believe that this would be Sean or Michael??  I couldn't
really decipher that from the archives.)

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
--
Jean-Henri Duteau  jeand@myrias.com (work) jeand@west-teq.net (home)
My employer: Myrias Computer Technologies (www.myrias.com)