Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:40:45 +0100
From:      Howard Jones <howie@thingy.com>
To:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [freebsd-questions] easiest way to install CPAN on FreeBSD

Gerard wrote:
> On October 24, 2007 at 02:11PM Sean Murphy wrote:
>
> 2) Use CPANPLUS to install the module.
>
> Unless the user has the time, knowledge and motivation to do the first, the
> second approach is usually superior.

What does CPANPLUS do that CPAN doesn't that makes this a better
solution? Does it somehow integrate with the ports better? (rather than
getting conflicts between p5-* and bsdpan-*)

I use quite a lot of CPAN modules, so a way to be able to get 'obscure'
modules, and still use portupgrade effectively would be good :-)

Howie