Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:59:25 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Randy Sato <rsato@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2.8 Applet Problems

--=-XZMcgxSfg0yXH4b4jdBM

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 15:49 -0800, Randy Sato wrote:
> FreeBSD kirin 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Sun Nov  7 18:30:21 =20
> PST 2004     root@kirin:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERN  alpha
>=20
>=20
> Not without a few problems, but after completing gnome_upgrade.sh, I =20
> started up X and get the following for a few applets.
>=20
> The panel encountered a problem while loading =20
> "OAFIID:GNOME_WindowListApplet".
> Details: Failed to resolve, or extend =20
> '!prefs_key=3D/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/applet_2/prefs;=20
> background=3Dnone:;orient=3Dup;size=3Dx-small;locked_down=3Dfalse

There was a problem with gconf schemas.  Make sure you have cvsup'd the
latest ports tree, and try another portupgrade.  You may also want check
gconf-editor, and see if that key actually exists.

>=20
> I also get something similar for the window list menu, and desktop =20
> switcher.
>=20
> The main problem I had with the update is libgnome fails during the =20
> compilation because in gnome-program.c (or something like that) gcc =20
> doesn't like 0 passed in for a va_list. After replacing 0 with a =20
> "va_list args", I could manually upgrade libgnome and gnome_upgrade.sh =20
> completes when I remove libgnome from the REINSTALL_PORTS.

That should work.

>=20
> Any ideas?

As I said, check you have the latest version of all the GNOME ports, and
then verify the existence of the above gconf key.

Joe