Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:07:16 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE 64 MIDI config -- Success

Conrad Sabatier:
 |Randall Hopper wrote:
 |> P.S. Now, in case you don't have some, you'll want some larger MIDI
 |>      soundfonts to stuff in your wavetable mem that'll make it sound even
 |>      better!
 |>
 |>      For some that'll fit in 1M, 2M, and 8M, respectively, check out:
 |:-(  I still only have the default 512K on mine.  :-(  Is upgrading fairly
 |cheap?

For the SB32/AWE32s, it's cheap -- they take 30-pin SIMMs which can be
swiped off any old pre-72-pin-SIMM motherboard lying around or had at a
computer show for a couple bucks ($1-5).

But according to:

     http://www.edu.isy.liu.se/~d93johni/awefamily/awe_desc.html#d2

the AWE Value and AWE64/Gold, take a "Creative RAM upgrade".  'Creative
trying to get a cut in the memory upgrade business, so I'll bet these are
more expensive.  Certainly not as common and widely available, so it's a
safe bet.  Price is worth a check I guess.

 |> P.S.S. Wanna a .tgz of a bunch of cool MIDI files?
 |
 |Sure!  Send 'em over!  :-)
 |
 |Damn, this is exciting!  :-)

Ok, will do.  I'll start it uploading over my 28.8K pixie straw. 8)

Randall