Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:23:40 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@cisco.com, hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   QA ramping up...

Sorry for the cross-post, but I expect that this will have multiple
audiences.

Based on a lot of messages traveling in the -stable mailing list, we're
once again looking at putting together some volunteers to do QA on the
upcoming 3.4 release, as well as working on testing new features and
replicating/debugging bugs.

If you're interested in helping out, drop me a line. I'm trying to get some
initial coordination set up by the end of this weekend, so we can be ready to
go around December 1st, which is when Jordan has been discussing having the
first release candidate ready.

The real requirements are that a.) you're willing to give the time (this is
the biggest), b.) you have a reasonably speeded internet connection (you
have to be able to turn over a release candidate in 4-6 hours - and they'll
be between 200-600MBs), and you have some hardware to use for testing.

For everyone else, this is a heads up that we're trying to get the project
under way. We have about a half a dozen people who have offered to help
out, so we should be off to a good start.

More to follow as there is more to announce.
	-Brian