Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:26:13 -0600
From:      "Chuck Rock" <carock@epconline.net>
To:        <security@FreeBSD.ORG>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What anti-sniffer measures do i have?

I believe most switches are Layer 2 which is MAC based. You would have to
know the MAC address of the computer you want to intercept traffic for, and
then your switch would have to give you the packets instead of erroring out
and or dropping the packets because you can't have two of the same MAC
addresses on the network.

Has anyone actually gotten another's information spoofing MAC addresses?

I don't see how this could work.

Chuck