Date:      Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:28:49 GMT
From:      Kilian Kilger <kilian@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/122697: Atheros card is not well supported

>Number:         122697
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Atheros card is not well supported
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
FreeBSD does not want to load my DLINK DWL-650 card (rev. C2). Many people have very good success with older FreeBSD versions and this card in the net. It has an atheros chipset. Loading the atheros driver gives:

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0x88000000-0x8800ffff irq 11 at device 0.0 on cardbus 0
ath0: [ITHREAD]
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 6

If I try with ndis I get the same error but after loading if_ndis the LED of the card is switched on but nothing is working ether.

The card works well with linux on the same computer (very old Thinkpad 600X).

Best regards,
Kilian.
>How-To-Repeat:
I don't know ...