Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2012 14:11:42 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: wifi drivers support for "n" standard

El día Sunday, September 23, 2012 a las 07:39:19AM -0400, Jerry escribió:

> Waitman Gobble articulated:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have 3 usb wifi sticks.
> > > One supports b/g standard only and it configures with no problems.
> > > The other 2 support the "n" standard for faster connection speed

> Welcome to the wonderful world of wireless support in FreeBSD. Rather
> that wasting your time hoping in vain that FreeBSD will actually
> provide suitable drivers for high grade wireless devices, might I
> suggest the following....

A few remarks:

I have USB UMTS dongle and sticks which work fine with FreeBSD.

The OP, as he says, has an USB wifi stick which works fine too with
FreeBSD and only wanted (for whatever "important" reason) a new "n" one.

He bought it without checking the man pages before, not even after having
problems he checked the man pages by his own to see if the chip is
supported or not.

I someone, including me, wants to have better or more recent drivers, he
should help in development or testing.

HIH

	matthias

--