Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 01:21:12 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "rafie@innocent.com" <rafie@innocent.com>
Subject:   Re: Availability & Cost

On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 23:51:10 -0400, Rafie wrote:

>Hi,  I am interested in trying FreeBSD.  The CD from Walnut Creek is too
>expensive and I have been downloading it at home now for over a week.

What have you been downloading for a week? Did you try downloading
the boot/install image?
I have only done it once, but I installed over the internet  and it
was only about  4 hours using a 28.8.

>It seems like I will never get a chance to install it.  Is there  less
>expensive way to get the CD?

I have heard there is another company which makes a CD real cheap,
but that it was not very good.  I think it was a company called
"cheap bytes", but I am not sure (neither am familiar with the
company)