Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 2010 23:50:33 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Moore, Robert" <robert.moore@intel.com>, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, Lin Ming <ming.m.lin@intel.com>
Subject:   Re: MacBookPro 5,1

on 02/11/2010 22:50 Jung-uk Kim said the following:
> Yes, I understand.  However, ACPICA is expecting the same size of
> buffer *including* the optional parts if I am reading the code right.

Hmm, where is ACPICA doing that?
I didn't see any connection between what *ACPICA* can return to OS in _CRS/_PRS
and what OS can pass in _SRS.

> Besides, I don't think there is any harm in doing the right
> thing. ;-)

I don't think that this is any "righter" than zero-ing out resource source
description string.  BIOS/firmware can't possibly use that for anything
meaningful, IMO.

--
Andriy Gapon