Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:56:39 +0200
From:      Leon Breedt <ljb@obsidian.co.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM mount fails in 4.0

Hi.

Attempting to mount a CDROM in 4.0, fails:

(root@nenya) /usr/src/sys/i386/conf# mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /mnt/cdrom
mount_cd9660: Device not configured

Output from dmesg:

acd0: DVD-ROM <CREATIVEDVD6630E> at ata1-master using WDMA2

/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/NENYA:

device    ata0  at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device    ata1  at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15
device    ata
device    atadisk     # ATA disk drives
device    atapicd     # ATAPI CDROM drives
options   ATA_STATIC_ID   #Static device numbering
options   ATA_ENABLE_ATAPI_DMA  #Enable DMA on ATAPI devices

Please cc me in your replies, I'm not subscribed to questions.

/ljb

--
Obsidian Systems        | http://obsidian.co.za