Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:18:44 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Printing to Win95 DeskJet

Hello all,
   I'm about at the burnout stage here. I can't figure out how to
get my printer working. I'm trying to access a HP DeskJet 895 cxi on
a Win95 box. I've installed Samba, LPRng, GhostScript, you-name-it.
I've read until I've gone cross-eyed and still can't get the danged
thing to work! Let me clarify that, I can print text files. Only
problem with that is I have to manually eject the last page of the
file. This at least indicates I am communicating with the printer.

   What I'd really like to get working is Postscript file conversion.
If anyone has a similar setup working please get in touch with me and
give me a few pointers. Apparently I'm not bright enough to figure
this out on my own.

Thanks in advance.

 --
Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al
n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.