Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2018 10:15:30 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
To:        The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DoveCot 2.3

> On 7 Mar, 2018, at 9:17, The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>
> What are the hold ups for Dovecot 2.3 ?

There are simply a lot of regressions in 2.3. Many of them have been fixed
upstream, but only the showstoppers made it into 2.3.0.1. The rest of the
fixes will be released with 2.3.1 later this month. 2.2.x is stable and
reliable, so I decided to stay on 2.2 until 2.3.1 is released.

Once 2.3.1 and the next pigeonhole are released, ler and I will dogfood
them, and if they're solid then we'll commit the updates.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw@adamw.org