Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 15:49:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   SCSI super device?

I'm playing around with the 'scsi' command, and find an option:

 scsi -f device -p [-b bus] [-l lun]              # To probe all devices

According to the man page scsi(8),

     The -p option can be used against the "super scsi" device /dev/scsi/super
     to probe all devices with a given SCSI lun on a given SCSI bus.  The bus
     can be selected with the -b option and the default is 0.  The lun can be
     selected with the -l option and the default is 0.  See scsi(4) for a de-
     scription of the "super scsi" device.

Well, scsi(4) doesn't know about a "super scsi" device, I don't have
one on my system, and MAKEDEV doesn't seem to know either.  Can
anybody tell me what device I need here?  If I find out, I promise to
update the man page.

Greg