Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2012 22:30:08 GMT
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-xen@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/171118: [xen] FreeBSD XENHVM guest doesn&#39;t shutdown cleanly

The following reply was made to PR kern/171118; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/171118: [xen] FreeBSD XENHVM guest doesn&#39;t shutdown
 cleanly
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 16:35:26 -0500

 NetBSD's documentation mentions a similar issue and their workaround is to
 enable the NetBSD powerd daemon in rc.conf. Perhaps we can figure out what
 their powerd daemon is doing so we can have a workaround? We can't run
 powerd as a domU because it's looking for cpufreq settings that aren't in
 sysctl.

 http://www.netbsd.org/ports/xen/howto.html