Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:33:09 +1000
From:      Paul Koch <paul.koch@akips.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   11.1 running on HyperV hn interface hangs

No sure if -stable is the right mailing list for this one.

We recently moved our software from 11.0-p9 to 11.1-p1, but looks like there
is a regression in 11.1-p1 running on HyperV (Windows/HyperV 2012 R2) where
the virtual hn0 interface hangs with the following kernel messages:

 hn0: <Hyper-V Network Interface> on vmbus0
 hn0: Ethernet address: 00:15:5d:31:21:0f
 hn0: link state changed to UP
 hn0: RXBUF ack retry
 hn0: RXBUF ack failed
 last message repeated 571 times

It requires a restart of the HyperV VM.

This is a customer production server (remote customer ~4000km away) running
fairly critical monitoring software, so we needed to roll it back to 11.0-p9.
We only have two customers running our software in HyperV, vs lots in VMware
and a handful on physical hardware.

11.0-p9 has been very stable.  Has anyone seen this problem before with 11.1 ?

11.1 is listed here
 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/supported-freebsd-virtual-machines-on-hyper-v

	Paul.
--