Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:08:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.frmug.org>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Krzysztof J?druczyk <beaker@hot.pl>, <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Subject:   Re: Wine-2002.10.07 port on FreeBSD 5.0-current

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Pierre Beyssac wrote:
>> As for source compatibility, just use the DBREG_DRX macro, which exists
>> in both -STABLE and -CURRENT (it was merged into -STABLE two years ago).
> It's too bad source compatibility hasn't been preserved.

Indeed.

> Argument d is not properly parenthesized, I'll commit the following
> patch if nobody objects:
>
> - #define DBREG_DRX(d,x) (d->dr[(x)]) /* reference dr0 - dr7 by
> -                                          register number */
> + #define DBREG_DRX(d,x) ((d)->dr[(x)]) /* reference dr0 - dr7 by
> +                                          register number */

Alfred committed this very patch last night:

  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/include/reg.h

> Now for Gerald and Krzysztof, could you try the attached patch? Works
> for me under current at least. I'll test it under stable then I'll send
> it to Wine.

Yes, this looks fine.

Unfortunately (in the sense that both of you duplicated effort),
Alfred independently came up with a similiar patch which went in as
  $PORTSDIR/emulators/wine/files/patch-context_i386
and which I already fed upstream to the Wine folks.

Gerald