Date:      Wed,  6 Jun 2012 23:22:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dave U. Random <anonymous@anonymitaet-im-inter.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is this something we (as consumers of FreeBSD) need to be aware of?

Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

> anyway NOBODY are forced to buy micro-soft software.

That's almost correct but not quite. In 99% of the cases any Intel commodity
mafiaware comes with a preinstalled Winblows. You're paying for it whether
you want it or not. You can get a refund in many cases but it's more effort
than most peoples' time is worth.

> Nobody is forced to buy a PC.

True. I got rid of all my Intel mafiaware a few years ago and I don't miss
it. It's nice in the winter as well.

> Doing this with PC market will result in larger market share for
> non-Wintel hardware.

I hope it does but sheeple are stupid and don't care.