Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 00:12:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        sales@mcompu.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows Interferance

Andrew DeFever wrote:
> Hello I am a 14 year old male. I have just installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my
> system. I have 2 hard drives not 2 partition 2 hard drives. One has
> windows the other has FreeBSD and i am trying to get FreeBSD to boot up
> and am having trouble is there a different way to boot it besides
> getting a boot manager.

We need more information.

What exactly is the problem? Any error messages on the screen?

Are they IDE drives? Are they SCSI drives? What kind of controllers?

It may be possible to select the boot drive in the system BIOS setup.

Usually, though, people use a boot manager. Usually the one that comes
with FreeBSD is adequate for the situation you describe.

Dave
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'