Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 15:10:34 +1100
From:      Corey Ralph <corey.ralph@datafast.net.au>
To:        Michael Vince <michael@roq.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secondary Mail server

Hi Michael,

You need to set up a second MX record with a higher preference number,
and you do need to set up the secondary server slightly differently.

If you want to use qmail for this secondary server, put the list of
domains in rcpthosts, and NOT in virtualdomains or locals.  This way it
will accept mail for those domains and pass it to the primary MX when
it is available.

Cheers
Corey