Date:      Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:24:10 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Alessandro Baggi <alessandro.baggi@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on kvm

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:50:41 +0100, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> Leaving delay boot to 10 sec, always block. Set delay boot to 1, it give
> me some "crash".
> There is a possibility to run directly the system instead print the
> menu? I must install lilo/grub?

Let's first assume that you did not install the boot
manager (which would be useless in your particular
application case); instead, you have installed the
standard MBR.

Modify /boot/loader.conf to something like this:

	autoboot_delay="0"
	beastie_disable="YES"
	userconfig_script_load="NO"
	verbose_loading="YES"

Refer to /boot/defaults/loader.conf for the meaning
of the options if they're not obvious. :-)

Regarding the autoboot delay, let me quote from that
file:

	Delay in seconds before autobooting,
	set to -1 if you don't want user to be
	allowed to interrupt autoboot process and
	escape to the loader prompt, set to
	"NO" to disable autobooting

That means ="0" would mean to boot immediately _with_
the option to get to the boot prompt - you just need
to be fast at the keyboard. :-)

Oh, and see "man loader.conf" for details.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany