Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 00:41:20 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD Logo

--nextPart35871094.i0l2SXKnbA

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 00:30, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
> On May 10, 2006, at 2:25 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> > He became a mascot only after the 'new-logo' people
> > started agitating for the sex-ball.  Prior to that all the
> > literature referred to him as a logo, when the word logo was
> > used.  (which wasn't often, but it was used)
> >
> > This is nothing more than an argument of appeasement and
> > has been explained before in this forum, please quit insulting
> > our intelligence.  We all know that Beastie's place as the
> > logo has been supplanted, and your side won, and your crude
> > attempt to explain away Beastie is insulting.  You won, be
> > content with that.
>
> Wow, Ted a top-poster!
>
> A professional evaluation of "beastie" showed he was not a logo and
> had served as a poor-one at that in his ersatz role as a wanna-be
> logo.   (Note that I did not say that Beastie was poor but that he
> had served as a poor logo based on professional criteria of what
> makes a good logo).  Beastie has his place.
>
> Chad

That's all well and good, but I for one don't plan to replace the "powered =
by"=20
beastie logo on any of my sites with that sex-toy. It would be interesting =
to=20
see how many webmasters agree with me.

Beech

> > Ted

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com