Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 10:22:06 -0500
From:      "Jonathan E. Lyons" <parrothd@midwest.net>
To:        Anthony Hoelzle <pentium@cio.net>, FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: getting samba running correctly

You need to disable encryption on your Microsoft clients, or setup
encryption on the samba server. If you're using win98 you can use this file
to edit the registry, it's on the win98 cd..

d:\tools\mtsutil\ptxt_on.dll

Read the ENCRYPTION.txt files that come with samba for more info..

At 03:38 AM 5/5/99 -0700, Anthony Hoelzle wrote:
>almost everything goes fine but when I try to connect to the samba
>server through network neighborhood, I type the password for the user
>I'm logged onto the win box with (which is identical to a username and
>password on the samba server) and it says the password is incorrect
>try again (yes I've checked the caps lock and spelling) thanks
Jonathan E. Lyons   			FreeBSD
parrothd@midwest.net 			MCP, MCSE, A+ Certified
http://parrothd.midwest.net/
ICQ # 14226912