Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 1997 01:55:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New cheap soundcard for 3.0-current machine

On Thu, 25 Dec 1997, Nathan Dorfman wrote:

> Hi! I have a machine running 3.0-current and nothing else (a 4G
> dangerously dedicated disk). I want to buy myself a cheap soundcard
> (SB16-style quality is fine) that I can actually configure without
> running a config program under DOS as with the SB16. Jumper cards
> aren't made anymore so anything that is set to a known default that
> or is detectable would be great. Any ideas?

You're on the wrong list for that info.  Listen to the Multimedia list,
which I've redirected this post to.  Amancio Hasty reported that he had
the docs on the Turtle Beach Daytona PCI sound card, which (from my
reading of their description at their site at www.tbeach.com) is a pretty
decent sound card.

I think if Amancio says he's got it up, in fact, I'll get one

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |