Date:      26 Sep 2002 13:00:27 -0400
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@windborne.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dependancies and Versions

I have some instances where I want to create a port.. but instead of
requiring a specific library.. say gtk-1.2.8, I would like to say you
need *at least* that installed. I have read the porters handbook on
dependancies and seen the WANT_* stuff.. but that doesn't really solve
my problem.

Is there a better solution for this? Please reply direct.. not
subscribed to ports. Thanks.
--

  - branson