Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 12:08:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        mwlucas@exceptionet.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stupid Netscape question

mwlucas@exceptionet.com wrote,
> This is so trivial I'm embarrassed to ask about it, but it's been bugging
> me for a while now...
>
> Is there any way to patch other applications in for Netscape plug-ins?
>
> I keep hitting pages that have "audio/x-wav" sounds embedded in them, and
> there's no FreeBSD plugin.  I have a variety of wav players, such as sox.

You did not say which version of Netscape you are running. On the old
Netscape 3.04 I'm running here, click 'Options' then 'General
Preferences.' Hit the 'Helpers' tab and modify the 'audio/x-wav' entry
(it is probably already there) to use the program of choice.

On later versions of Netscape, it's a different route to find the
'Helper' list, but the same basic process.