Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2019 16:49:57 +0100
From:      Marco van Tol <marco@tols.org>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        Marco van Tol <marco@tols.org>, freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nat64lsn first hop in traceroute has a source ip of the final host

Op 6 nov. 2019, om 16:45 heeft Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher@yandex.ru> het =
volgende geschreven:
> On 25.10.2019 17:57, Marco van Tol wrote:
>> This all works great in that the guests have no IPv4 any more, and in
>> their point of view the entire world has migrated to IPv6-only.
>>=20
>> Is there a way to change this behaviour so that traceroutes to
>> synthesized addresses also report to be coming from the router IP on
>> the first hop?
>>=20
>> Thank you very much in advance!
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I think I know where is the problem, I'll try to make the patch at the
> weekend.

Cool!  Thank you very much, this is much appreciated!

I can add that today I upgraded the box from FreeBSD 11.3 to FreeBSD =
12.1.
The final result was the same after that.

The box is currently on binary updates, but if you have a custom =
ipfw_nat64
module I can load I'll happily test it!

Thanks!

--=20