Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:07:27 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/x11-servers/Xfstt pkg-message Makefile pkg-plist ports/x11-servers/Xfstt/files patch-ae xfstt.sh patch-ab

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 05:58:03PM -0600, Ade Lovett wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 03:48:53PM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > Should this be the default behaviour? I don't like gratuitous network
> > services.
>=20
> >From the PR:
>=20
> * Install a startup file in PREFIX/etc/rc.d/xfstt.sh:
> it runs xfstt --sync before starting the font server. The font server
> is started with "--daemon", "--notcp" and "--user nobody". At shutdown
> time, it will kill xfstt with the killall command.

Cool..should have looked before opening my mouth, I guess.

In general I don't like services running as user nobody and giving
privileges to that user (our apache ports are a problem here, since
user nobody actually owns files and has privileges over parts of the
webserver). But in this case it should be okay since theres nothing
xfstt needs to have modification privileges over - I'll check it out.

Kris
--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj--