Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 17:20:42 -0000
From:      Tomas Palfi <tpalfi@phoenixmedical.co.uk>
To:        "'freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   jdk1.2.2

all,

trying to build jdk1.2.2 for Freebsd from 'jdk1_2_2-src[1].tar.gz' using a
patch set 'freebsd-jdk122-patches-10[1].tar.gz'.  i have followed the
instructions as in the INSTRUCTIONS file from the patches, and everything
seemed to be ok.  I followed the path one to build "a normal" JDK1.2.2 (not
the one for testing and development) but when it came to 'build world' it
started complaining about javac not found.  I have appended some of the
specific details on my system as to illustrate the environment.

I have checked where the javac classes are in the file system, and would
like to include the whole path but how would i do that??

I had initially unpacked the source in /usr/local/java  (not in
/usr/local/jdk1.2.2) and set up all the environmental settings accordingly
as follows:

setenv ALT_BOOTDIR /usr/local/java
setenv ALT_MOTIF_DIR /usr/X11R6/share/doc/openmotif
setenv OPENWINHOME /usr/X11R6
unsetenv CLASSPATH
unsetenv JAVA_HOME
unsetenv JAVA_COMPILER

HAVE_DPS no
HAVE_ODBC no

my installation is without odbs and dps support as it is only attempt no1,
(and i can do without print screen at present time).

thank you
--

Tomas Palfi